inguz;157513 Wrote:
> Those graphs look great.  They're not hitting digital-clipping.  (For a
> more "realistic" look, try click the drop-down arrow beside the
> filename, and select "Waveform (dB)" instead of "Waveform"; the default
> scale is linear)
>
> Some interesting asymmetry, with the mid-region nulls in the right
> channel but not the left.  Is there a wall on the right? (Room
> treatment there would probably make a difference).

Inguz, here is the layout of my room to scale and with some key
dimensions. Does it answer your question about the right wall?

Some notes that are not apparent:
* speakers are on stands and the height just clears both the sofa and
the chair (and of course all the tables).
* The side table against the right wall is a very simple, open, two
shelf affair with the amps on the bottom shelf and a vase and the SB on
the upper.
* The ceilings are about 102" along the vertical edges and slope up to
130" (about 11 feet) down the center. rounded, sloped corners as well.
* floor is hardwood with an area rug (1940 original parquet, so no
chance of getting more of it covered...)
*plant is a big 7 ft palm that seems to make a difference where it is
in terms of acoustic effect.

Looking at the actual measurements, I wonder if I ought to widen the
speakers a tad? I was going for a slightly elongated triangle and at
the same time wanted to avoid the furniture (even though as noted, the
stands bring the bottom of the speakers just to the height of the arms
of the sofa and chair).

Any suggestions welcome! (Please be objective though. or semi
subjective. just as long as no one insults my mother.)

Kook

--
ob_kook

SB2 --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII