Impeller;157835 Wrote:
> I'm hoping to purchase my first 'real' hifi equipment, which will be
> something like this:
>
> Rotel RA05 amplifier
> Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers
> Reasonably priced speaker stands
>
> Is it likely I'll hear a difference between the Squeezebox and the
> Transporter with a budget system like that? I'm no audiophile (yet),
> but I like to think I appreciate good sound.
>
> Thanks.

Consider the price differences of SB3 and TP for your "first" HIFI
system, I would say why not starting out with SB3, play around with
room acoustic, speaker placement etc...basically dialing everything in
nicely, then, only then, if you are not happy w/ the sounds or merely
curious as to how much better the TP sounds, go ahead and upgrade to
it, move the SB3 to the bedroom or rec room. It's a win win situation!
I really meant to say that the improvement is smaller than the cost
would imply for the TP.
SB3>MFA3.24DAC>Passive Pot>2Nakamichi PA7s>B&W802N>Nice!

--
empty99