One teensy problem: by sending it off to be modded (for what?) before
you even bothered listening to it you have voided the warranty and
scrapped the 30 home trial.  Wouldn't it have made more sense to
receive it at home, check it out, and then decide to 1) keep it as is,
2) mod it, or 3) send it back?  Sounds like jumping the audiophile
gun.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.