I have a good system and a SB3

ML Vantage, Lexicon DC-1, and Bryston Amp.

So far most of my lsiteing with the SB3 (COAX SPIDF input)has been good
when compared directly to my computer based sound card (M-audio
DIO-Optical SPIDF). I am using wirelss for the SB3 box.  The wrieless
connectoin cives be 3000 at 100%.

However Koln concert by Keith Jarret shows some differences  which I
can only describe as "ringing" or "hollowness"  in some piano notes.

The M-audio spidf output sounds distinctly better for this recording.
There are similar results for author classical pieces but not as
clearly heard.

The rip was done WMA lossless.

Does anybody have a sense for what is the reason(s) for the
difference?

joel

--
jschnur