Coffee;159838 Wrote:
> Is there a big difference in sound quality between WMA lossless produced
> by Windows Media Player and WAV files produced by EAC? ...

Though there is widespread support for WMA, isn't it Microsoft's
proprietary format with copy control built in? Same deal with Apple
Lossless?

.WAV is basically uncompressed digits from the CD. EAC is just one of
many tools to rip a CD to .wav that happens to be popular for the error
handling features. Personally I find CDex much easier to use, and have
out of 1200+ CDs, never found a disc that EAC handled the errors any
better.

Then yes, .FLAC is the way to go. .APE and .WV are also lossless
options with tags, but I like the way .FLAC decompresses and plays with
less work for the processor and you can edit tags while the file is
playing.

--
random_tox