I don't think there is a certain answer for this.  Even in the CDP world
you have $6k or $10k models that aren't particularly better than
thousand-odd dollar models.  It varies.  It goes the other away around,
too.  I've seen Benchmark and Lavry DACs beat $6 players and I think the
Transporter is every bit as good as those DACs.  Different in nuance
here and there, true, but that's about it.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.