Skunk wrote:
> Robin Bowes;161558 Wrote:
>> I'm not sure if he's still doing them but, ALW used to sell super-reg
>> boards.
>>
>> http://www.alw.audio.dsl.pipex.com/index.htm
>>
>> R.
>
> I noticed in the archives you mentioned having a couple alwsr boards,
> did anything ever come about?

Nope, I never made time to implement anything. Then the Transporter came
along... :)

> Also in the archives, Seans response to Mike Hansons ALWSR supply was
> that the 14V (or 12.5?) internal rail after the display was the place
> to try attacking, rather than solely the external 5V. Going directly to
> the internal logic supplies is what I meant to suggest the modders
> should be doing.

Possibly, but that's not as easy a task. I had planned to build my SB2
into a new case with separate ALWSRs for each section of the circuitry
(analogue out, digital, etc.). I'm not sure if I'll ever get round to it
now.

> Which leads to my new question! I believe I read that a switching
> regulator was changed to linear in the SB2>SB3 transition. Does anyone
> know if the redesign changes anything in regards to attacking the 14V
> rail rather than the external supply?

I'm not sure.

R.