Evanus;162735 Wrote:
> Hi. I'm curious, do any of you know of any portable (pocket) stereo
> player that can yield really precise and good sound? I'm thinking of a
> device that supports FLAC and can make the most out of a studio-class
> headset. I like my Zen Sleek and Shure e2c(these are not the ones I
> have in mind, mind you), but listening to Mozart's Requiem on it makes
> me a bit sad.

Go to headphone.com

I have an Ipod running into the  Total Airhead  portable headphone amp

into etymotic4's using apple lossless files (ALAC) and the sound is
very, very good.
The Ety's are canal phones and give 25db of isolation so they are GREAT
on a plane.
The ety's at 300.00 or so are better to my ear than the 500.00 shure's

Headphone.com also makes a carrying case for this rig.

--
tomjtx