thatMikeguy;163531 Wrote:
> I max out the transporter and use the AV8 for volume control.  In the
> future I am going to move the system upstairs and attach the
> Transporter directly to my Bryston 4B SST, at that point I will be
> using the Tranpsorter volume control.  The issue remains the same in my
> eyes.  In neither configuration do I get subwoofer information out of
> the Transporter....

If you use the Transporter volume control exclusively, then you can tie
the Transporter's XLR outputs directly to the Bryston.  Use the RCA
outputs and go to the sub.  Many subs have RCA stereo inputs.

A lot of subs also have RCA in/out, so you could go into the sub, have
the sub's crossover remove the bass, then pipe the rest out to the amp.
Otherwise you'll have bass produced both out of the sub and the
speakers.  Depending on your room and speakers, this could result in
boomy bass or bass dips.

Set the sub's volume control to blend with the main speakers.

--
Mark Lanctot