empty99;164512 Wrote:
> If one's using highly synthesized recordings (most rocks/pops)  to setup
> his system, you do not know at which points you started adding more
> echo/reverb and "colorations" to the source.

Well, you can listen to the music with a high quality set of cans, and
a good amp to drive them.  That will at least take the room effect out
of the equation.

Personally though, the added reverb effect of the listening room is
really what brings the recording to life, provided it's done properly.

That's where a good room-correction system comes into play -- primarily
to deal with the nodes in the bass frequencies.   I suppose it's
possible to deal with those using room treatment alone, but for most of
us living in real-world circumstances (with wives, and limited
funding/technical expertise), that's not realistic.

--
Mike Anderson

'FREE RADICAL
RADIO!' (http://nvo.com/cd)  Hours of free radical MP3s.