wdrazek;166108 Wrote:
> Intitially I thought I might try the Bolder mods and see if that would
> work but it seems like everyone here recommends getting a DAC first.
This is the only place where I have seen that, maybe due to a
preponderance of "objectivist" audiophiles (an oxymoron?) here. If you
go to AudioCircles, for example, you'll find the opposite and many
review and comparison threads. It seems to me that going the SB mod
route (digital mods at a minimum if you have decided on a DAC) is the
logical thing to do, because a DAC by itself can't improve on the
source.

--
vdorta

Silent computer (Chenming MATX-118, Yate Loon case fan on rubber
grommets & Zalman Fan-Mate, Asus A8N-VM CSM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+,
2GB Corsair XMS, Hitachi 250GB SATA II on rubber grommets, Zalman
7000-AlCu, EAC/FLAC) --> Inguz Room Correction --> wireless SB2 (Bolder
digital & analog mods, Sonicap Platinum bypass caps, Bolder Deluxe Power
Supply) --> Stello M200 monos --> ACI Sapphire XLs + REL Storm III |
Chaintech AV-710 --> JMT PPA headamp --> AKG K601, Etymotics ER-4S