omega;166478 Wrote:

> I prefer the 80%-90% volume setting because the music sounds more open
> and less harsh treble. (More "tube like" sound)
> About the "Fidelity Recordings" that are properly mastered, I prefer
> the reduced volume setting on them to.
> But mabye my mind is playing with me?
>
> What volume setting do you prefer? 80% 100% etc?

I prefer 100/100 on quality recordings hands down every time, but it's
blind faith rather than abx results. I don't think the Sb is adding any
faults, just amplifying poor recording techniques.

Mostly I use an external zhaolu(?) 1.3 DAC, and I'm not sure how the
digital outs would relate to those analog out graphs I linked to. I'm
guessing the effects are similar though.

--
Skunk