Eric Carroll wrote:
> Robin Bowes;169729 Wrote:
>> opaqueice wrote:[color=blue]
>> There is a world of difference between a belief that there is no major
>> difference between modern DACs and refusing to accept that DAC A could
>> be different to DAC B simply because you can't understand how that
>> could be possible.
>>

> Robin,
>
> First, I didn't say that, or didn't mean to say that - see my clarifing
> post. They could be different. My point is that if the test the same on
> the bench, and they ABX the same, they are the same regardless of
> subjective impressions otherwise since statistically some people will
> hear a difference even when none exists.

Agreed, but that's not the same as "I can't see how a SB3/good DAC and a
Tp could be different in sound quality"

However, your clarification makes think I understand your PoV.

I genuinely don't have any deeply-rooted opinions about all this. I find
(most) of the discussion interesting, edifying, and (mostly) enjoyable.

R.