I was just reading Wes Phillips' review of the Simaudio Moon Evolution
CD player/DAC (now on the website). It appears Wes is now using the SB3
as his main digital source, and he fed the SPDIF into the Evolution,
which he said improved the sound a ton. What is interesting is that he
didn't say whether the Evolution sounded better via the SB3 or directly
as a CD transport. I would assume if there were a significant
difference, it would have been noted. He also seemed to prefer the
Evolution to the Ayre (his reference), albeit very slightly.

--
ezkcdude

DIY projects page:
http://www.ezdiyaudio.com

System:
SB3->EZDAC->MIT Terminator 2 interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step
Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz
anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.