Triode;175847 Wrote:
> SB3 will be a good demo, but only because it has a reasonable amount of
> buffering and hence you will get good performance..  Its designed to
> cater for Wifi dropouts so a 50ms protection switch is nothing for it.
> Data is transfered from the server to player using a tcp connection and
> then dumped into the internal buffer.
>
> Better demo would be the old SB1 streaming WAV as that only had 0.5 sec
> of buffer.

I agree except I am trying to demo the Fast Reroute Capabilities of our
network equipment, not the buffering capability of the SB. Our equipment
can protect and reroute around  failures in about 50 m/s. If the end
device (i.e SB) is buffering 500 m/s of content, I am not proving
much.

Anyone have any idea on the  buffering capabilities of softsqueeze?

--
sfraser