Yes I have the original release of the Norrington and it is very good.

I have my doubts about these so-called hi-def transfers. They don't
seem to be using original Master tapes as the owner states he is trying
to get Studio Masters for the future. In particular the excerpt of the
Saint-Saens third symphony is stated as coming from a 4 track tape. I
have the original Vinyl of this recording and the recording is clean
therefore I was a little surprised when turning up the volume to hear a
vary slight tape whine in the background on the FLAC release.

This was an experimental EMI Quadraphonic release and it is possible
that EMI released some 4 track tapes in the US but I suspect that these
could have been produced using High Speed copying methods. While these
tapes are free from the crackle and pop that Vinyl accumulates through
the years they do suffer from other defects including Dolby Noise
Reduction.

Beware of any recordings from the middle of the seventies. There was a
bad batch of magnetic oxide coating around during this period and it
drops off like dandruff. Many tape masters have been rendered useless
because of this, some have been re-released onto CD's but the
recordings are only a shadow of the originals.

--
MrStan