jmourik;176106 Wrote:
> Well, at least, in typical American fashion, it will give us something
> else but ourselves to blame for our behaviour.
> I like this one too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_virus

Interesting idea...  way OT, but there's a principle (maybe that's too
strong a word) from evolutionary biology which says that any condition
that even slightly reduces your chance of having children (including
anything that increases your risk of dying young) can not be genetic
(unless it somehow confers a compensating benefit, i.e. sickle-cell
anemia).  One often-cited example is stomach ulcers, which contrary to
years of medical belief turned out to be caused by infection and could
be cured with antibiotics.

--
opaqueice