Bill, I don't know much of the details of the Citipulse DAC other than
that a friend has brought one over to my place during twice (during a
local audio club meeting that I've hosted a couple of times), and both
times I was very impressed with the sound.  I'd put it in the same
performance ballpark as the likes of the Benchmark in terms of all the
things audiophiles like to talk about (imaging, soundstaging,
etc)...but I prefer it to the Benchmark (I demoed the Benchmark for
about 3 weeks a year ago and found it to be a bit too analytical and
edgy in my system, whereas the Citipulse sounded warmer and more
fluid).

I use a Zhaolu DAC2.0 in my office system (Zhaolu is available from the
same website, although the 2.0 has been replaced by the 2.5...).  The
Citipulse is a step above the Zhaolu 2.0, and I don't know anyone who
has compared it to the Zhaolu 2.5...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.