PhilNYC;176630 Wrote:
> Point taken.
>

> I think the irrelevance of "high end" audio has nothing to do with the
> tweakers et al.  I think it is squarely on the demise of quality music
> that you'd want to actually play on a good system. :-(

I think it has at least _something_ to do with the increasing tweakism
and snobbery at a large percentage of the few remaining outposts of
high end retail.

Whenever anyone new hears that I'm into audio, they start snickering
and asking me if I own super expensive speaker cables and electrical
cords. This seems significant to me.

I'm a little puzzled about the demise of music claim, but my puzzlement
probably doesn't mean much, since I listen mostly to jazz and baroque,
which makes me an outlier.

But anyway, my main point is that the two sides in this debate should
be allowed to annoy each other, as long as it can be kept civil.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4