Well, unless someone gives me some good reasons not to switch from
EAC-Foobar 2000 and Album Art Aggregator to dBPoweraAMP Music
Converter... I'll be registering a copy of dBpowerAMP PowerPack/MP3
package tomorrow. I had not looked at dBPowerAMP for quite some time,
but I've been recently testing it and found that now dBMC supports
secure mode with AccurateRIP. It also automatically retrieves/inserts
ID Tags and Album Art for CDs ripped to flac from AMG and/or freedb. It
now uses the latest encoders such as FLAC 1.1.3 and Windows Media 10 a
lot more seamlessly than it did in earlier versions. It has a plug-in
for Replay Gain and a convenient Batch Converter which I've been using
to convert a subset my of flac library to lossy formats for portable
DAPs use. I think this is the "single tool" I was looking for to
accomplish all my ripping tasks.

A couple of questions...
I noticed that the resulting compression ratios and the file size of
tracks ripped using dBMC were a bit different than those ripped with
EAC, but I could not figured out how to change the compression ratio or
why the EAC ripped files are bigger. I also noticed that unlike EAC,
dBMC does not create a .m3u (Playlist file) per CD/song ripped. Do I
miss something if dBMC does not create this file automatically? I don't
recallÂ… but does the Slimserver require .m3u files for all the CD ripped
in order to build/customize playlists? I can not hear any difference
between the files ripped and tested, but I want to make sure that I'm
not missing something obvious before I rip the next bunch CDs. Lastly,
does anyone have tips or "recommended" settings to rip CDs to flac
files with dBMC so that the resulting flac take full advantage of the
features of SS and SB3?

Below are the properties of a track I ripped from the same CD in the
same computer using EAC and with dBMC.

Thanks in advance...

EAC ripped flac file size 14,907KB
----------------------------------
Artist: Ray Barretto
Title: El Bantu
Album: Que Viva La Musica (Disc 1)
Track: 02
Disc:
Genre: Latin
Year: 2006
Rating:
Composer:
Size: 14.56 MB  (62% of original, 1.5 to 1 compression)
Original Size: 23.23 MB
Length: 2 minutes 18 seconds
Channels: 2  (stereo)
Sample Rate: 44.1 KHz;
Sample Size: 16 bit
Bit Rate: 1,411 kbps
Encoder: FLAC reference libFLAC 1.1.3 20061120
Encoder Settings:
Audio Quality: Perfect (Lossless)
Play Count:
Last Played:
Contains: CRC, ReplayGain, ID Tag [Vorbis Comments]
Channel Mapping:
File: 02. El Bantu
Type: FLAC File    [.flac]

dBMC ripped flac file size 14,761KB
-----------------------------------
Artist: Ray Barretto
Title: El Bantu
Album: Que Viva La Musica (Disc 1)
Track: 2/15
Disc: 1 / 1
Genre: Latin
Year: 2006
Rating: 6
Composer: Ray Barretto
Size: 14.41 MB  (62% of original, 1.6 to 1 compression)

--
tamanaco