After reading several of the threads relating to linear power supplies,
I figured I would spend the $25 or so and try the Globe Tek linear
supply.

I am going to start by saying that I know how controversial this
subject has been in the past, so the following is only my opinion, that
is it.  Further, I have an extremely limited understanding of how
electronics work, I just know what I like and don't like in terms of
sound.

My system is SB3 > Audible Illusions L2 > McCormack DNA-1 > Revel F-52.
I live in NYC.

All that being said, what a difference, night and day!  I can't believe
it.  Honestly.  And to answer the double blind test question, I have one
better.  My wife, whom has a fantastic ear, and indulges me in the
hobby, was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper and she put it
down, shot a look, and asked how much I spent!!!  She had no idea that
I made any changes to the system.  As far as she was concerned we were
sitting on the couch, casually listening, reading as we try to do
whenever we can.

The difference, again in my opinion and my wife's is the enhancements
to the soundstage, placement of instruments, separation of instruments,
clarity, deeper clearer bass- basically you name it - My wife and I
heard a significant improvement.  Perhaps it is the "noise" of NYC, the
"dirty" power, whatever it is it made a difference in my system to my
ears and to my wife's.

--
j.wales