P Floding;179052 Wrote:
> I think the older records, such as On Every Street sound much better.
> Love Over Gold sounds very "hifi" IMHO. I did prefer Love Over Gold
> though on my earlier systems. It's impressive for demoing.
On Every Street (1991) is much later than Love Over Gold (1982).

As it happens, Love Over Gold was recorded on 2" analogue tape at 30ips
without Dolby, so it ought to be ideal audiophile fodder.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?