opaqueice;179074 Wrote:
> Hmmm... so golden ears are good for hearing linear versus switching
> power supplies, but not for detecting distortion?  That's odd.  I guess
> people with golden ears don't care much about fidelity in music
> reproduction, then.
>
> By the way, there's lots of research on how much better people get at
> detecting subtle audio cues after training.  Answer - a little, but not
> much (at least from the studies I've seen).

Since we, as of yet, don't have "fidelity" your comment sort of falls
flat. We only have different degrees of "fidelity", and different takes
on "fidelity". I certainly don't think 0.1% of distortion in an amp is
worse than dynamic compression or various room generated problems.

--
P Floding

No, I didn't ABX it. And I won't even if you ask me. (Especially not if
you ask me.)