The only way to know is to listen to a stock SB side by side with a
modded one.

Any modder should be wiling to send you a demo unit to listen to and
you can decide for yourself.
If you level match the  the 2 you can switch back and forth on your pre
amp until you don't know which is which. If you still hear a dif, select
the one you like and then look at your pre amp inputs to see which one.
Do this a number of times. If your choices are consistent you will have
your answer, if your choices are inconsistent, you will have your answer
:-)

With the digital out I heard no improvement from the Bolder modded SB >
a LavryDAC10 or into a Transporter.
IMO the digital mods are not money well spent.

I "thought" I heard a slight improvement with the analogue out but it
still didn't compare to the Lavry or the TP.

IMO save your money for a good DAC and get a stock surplus power
supply.

Have fun deciding :-)

--
tomjtx