Skunk;181916 Wrote:
> What are you paying for, beyond the possibility of oscillation, with an
> expensive cable? Is it noise rejection, or an attempt to synergize with
> the amp?
I don't want to pay for expensive cable, I want to pay for a good
cable. Transparency is a goal.

Skunk;181916 Wrote:
> I think most of the features of expensive cables can be duplicated with
> cheaper parts and DIY, but understand the aversion to fiddling. However
> when I wanted to try zip cord I ordered the Belden high quality stranded
> wire from Blue Jeans, rather than going to home depot, so I see your
> point.
Absolutely agree. If you really can duplicate a good design, and have
quality materials on hand, then you have the "good" cable. You're just
lucky to have it for less money.
Good point about home depot - requirements for lamp cord are less
restrictive, so consistency of parameters may vary more then you'd like
to. Although some claim they don't care anyways.

Skunk;181916 Wrote:
> In much the same way a squeezebox can't be improved drastically with an
> external power supply, I don't think a speaker wire hooked to a binding
> post connected with who knows what wire to a driver using cheap copper
> can make a significant difference, at least if the goal is
> transparency. I do think it's worthwhile to eliminate the binding post
> and spades, but can't say whether I can hear a difference.
I'm not sure if I can... But when you compare possible impact of 2-3m
cable vs. 12cm wire inside the box... I'd prefer to have the long one
to be well shielded and to have the best possible combination of R-C-I
parameters. BTW it's not about improvement, but just about limiting
impact of cable on sound at all.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions:... >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >>...-