I've just setup my Squeezebox and Slimserver and have noticed an issue
regarding the quality of my stored music vs that of streams:  my music,
regardless of quality, hits the Squeezebox at a lower VU than outside
streams (Pandora, etc.).
While the majority of my collection is 128-256 kbps, I have quite a bit
of classical at 1411 and my recent additions at 320.  All of these
barely move the SB VU meter and necessitate me notching up the volume -
only to be blown away when I stream from outside sources.
I never noticed this when I was playing directly from OSX to the
receiver using digital.  Now the SB is TOS linked to an HK receiver.

Anyone know how to increase the gain of SS or help me with a
workaround?

--
kphinney