Looks like it worked out very nicely. My home isn't as old, but I had
experienced dimming of the lights at an older home when I was much
younger and I used to blast my old Yamaha M85 285 W/C amp. The tweak
that I'm considering is getting a good power cord along with a new
receptacle for my amp to see how much that helps.  I can't tell what
type of outlets you're using in the pictures, but there's a lot of talk
about significant improvements by replacing them with Cryo treated ones
from Hubble, Furutech, Oyaide, and PS Audio.  Check out the many posts
about this on Audiogon or the following post on Audio Asylum for more
info:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/85285.html

--
zzvelik