Phil,

Not sure if you threw in the towel on this or not, but I have two more
updates.

1. I got WMP10 and it WILL give me the HDCD icon. Just not 100% of the
time. My problem turned out to be I had the wrong Windows Media Run
Time package loaded. Deleting it and reupgrading succeeded in getting
WMP 10 installed.

2. Check out 'this posting'
(http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=30999&view=findpost&p=475231)
on Hydrogen Audio. A poster there appears to show positive results on
HDCD decode visible in the waveform.

I think I need to try buying another HDCD. Its been suggested that some
HDCDs dont use the compression feature in the mastering process.

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Rotel RB890-B&W Matrix 805
SB3-Pioneer VSX-49TXi-Mirage OM7+C2+R2
ReadyNAS NV+