jhm731;184454 Wrote:
> Then I guess I couldn't hear the difference between the SB and
> Transporter off their digital outputs either, right?

No, I personally can't hear the effects of tiny amounts of jitter, but
I can easily measure it with great accuracy.  Saying things like "there
must be something wrong with your system if you CAN'T hear it" is
inconsistent with what one would expect from reducing jitter by a few
tens of picoseconds (even if your CDP is any better, which I doubt). On
the contrary, the audibility of jitter at levels even ten times higher
than Squezebox, or even Transporter's, is not well established. That
you are suggesting gross, easily audible differences between digital
outputs leads me to believe that you are imagining them, and that if
you didn't know which you were listening to, those differences would
completely disappear.

--
seanadams