This is a very demanding piece with some keyboard work that drives me up
the wall on a bad system. It is from her Mixed Grill CD. Great CD if you
like jazz singing at all. But it can be hard to find.

Another jazz CD is Patricia Barber's Companion. Lots of heavy bass. It
is a live recording.

For many years I have used Fleetwood Mac's Rhiannon from their first
breakthrough album. The self-titled one. Not because it is a good
recording, but because the bass on it is very bad. I use it to judge
how well a system can handle badly recorded music. I also use it to
weed out speakers with artifically boosed upper bass, like Bose.
Unfortunately the CD is improved over the LP, which was really bad. But
it still works.

The reason I like to use it is because it once taught me a lesson about
high end speakers. Some of them are so intolerant of poor recordings
that you find yourself unable to listen some of your favorite music.
Not the kind of speakers I want.

I don't have a good treble test CD at the moment. Jazz albums with
clean recordings of cymbals would be good. I am thinking that the Renee
Olstead CD would be a good test of higher female voices. She has a very
light, pure voice.

Piano is one of the best for testing. If it can handle a dynamic piano
recording it can handle almost anything.

--
regalma1