Hi,

I've recently modded my SB3 analogue output as per GaryB's original
post.  Whipped out the opamp, upgraded the DAC to KE version and couple
directly to RCAs from DAC with Blackgate/Sonicap platinum bypass.  It
sounds great.  Big improvement over stock (thanks to GaryB for info),
but I want to push things further.

I replaced the external 5V with a DIY supply based on LT1086adj with FC
caps etc.  But so far, I haven't done anything with the internal power
supply. I had planned on upgrading internal DAC supply caps, but am
keen to get the DAC off the display derived supply.

Should I be looking at rerouting both the 3.3V and 5V Dac supply?  The
5V Dac supply is most critical right? could this feed directly from the
external supply or will I introduce all kinds of mush into the mix? I
can't fit a superReg inside the SB3.  Also is there an option to get
the 3.3V feed from the linear reg for the headphone amp? This is
supplied directly from the external 5V.

Any thoughts appreciated.

--
parrydave

*modded squeezebox 3/arcam cd92t/arcam a85/arcam avr300
dynaudio contour 1.3mkii/dynaudio focus 200c/mk k-4/rel q150
pioneer pdp-507xd/sky+/harmony 525*