jeffmeh;185954 Wrote:
> Actually, it is within the realm of the possible that there could be
> audible differences between WAV and FLAC just because the CPU
> processing patterns are different; it need not be because of different
> CPU loads.  Of course, Opaqueice's hypothetical "phases of the moon"
> effect is also possible.
>
> Personally, I do not think either of these is likely, but let's not
> confuse possibility and probability.

I'll go along with a possible difference but probably not audible.

I would think the sound would change when the buffer finished filling,
or when the display switched out of status mode to off, if these things
made an audible difference. It's kind of like Sb3 is doing A/B
comparisons, and if you don't hear the switchovers you failed to prove
an audible difference.

Since the Transporter sounds better, perhaps the benefits of any
improvements in this area depend on other improvements, like a lower
noise floor in general.

--
Skunk