> In addition I don't think cranking out DACs is such an impressive
thing compared to a lot of
> electronics engineering. It's a bunch of standard parts, after all.

Then there are a lot of awfully overpriced units on the market,
including the Transporter.

My personal opinion is that the debate was simply an attempt to goad
Lavry in to disclosing more details of his design, or barring that, a
deliberate attempt to disparage a product with a good reputation and
following. The tone of JohnW's original diyhifi.org post pretty much
starts shooting from the hip with some pretty strong accusations. JohnW
obviously shows technical competence in his writings, but he certainly
is not forthcoming about his interests.

However, I've said my piece and people can take it or leave it as they
wish.

--
mlsstl