Badwater;187474 Wrote:
> If you don't mid making a little saw dust and picking up some vintiage
> equipment you can do quite well on your budget. For speakers you can
> build a killer full range system using Fostex drivers for about a
> $100/box or less. Check out the threads on the BIB and others at
> http://www.diyaudio.com/  and http://fullrangedriver.com/forum/.
>
> For an amp go vintage.  A good source of info on vintage equipment can
> be gleaned from http://www.audiokarma.org/
>
> Good luck.
>
> Bill

You've got it all wrong.

He should have gone vintage with the speakers, some old alinco full
range whizzer cones. Then paired them with a brand-spanking-new t-amp,
all for under $100. I like the speaker boxes from goodwill, but the
drivers should be replaced. Some have very interesting speaker grills
if you're into vintage cloth, good for taming rising response as well.

--
Skunk