pablolie;187871 Wrote:
> For exactly the same objective (small system for bedroom) I have ordered
> the Audioengine 5 speakers that were repeatedly recommended in another
> thread.

Good luck to you... But I'm having ssoooo hard time to believe that
active speakers marketed as kewl iPod speakers can be on par with even
Epos - why would they be considering the target audience? I saw no
review where they would be comared with real audiophile stuff - the
best was cheapo JBL, and computer speakers.

Even this quote from Canada HiFi...

CanadaHiFi Wrote:

> The midrange however was not as clean
> as you can expect from a separate amplifier and bookshelf speakers. But
> let's not forget that this
> speaker/amplifier combo cost only $429.
> Without question, the Audioengine 5
> speakers produced sound quality many times better than my small
> computer speakers.

...they seem to say that midrange is worse then *ANY* separate
amplifier and bookshelf speakers. That's really bad!

Considering it's still few hundred of dollars... I might well be
mistaken, but I'm really doubt...

--
325xi