mmg_fan;187955 Wrote:
> Ok
> Yes, I have done a search and read this thread;
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33527&highlight=break
>

> But it still doesn't answer the question.

And you think this one will?

My (informed) opinion is that break-in for cables is non-existent.
Electronics do "break-in", but in the opposite way most audiophiles
seem to believe - they degrade gradually, and then tend to break (cease
functioning!) suddenly.  Speaker cones do break-in, at least in the
sense that their characteristics change to some extent over time,
particularly when brand new.  How significant that is, or why it should
constitute any improvement in sound, is unclear.

This is one of those cases where, to explain a fact (that many people
believe in this and think they hear it in uncontrolled tests) there is
an extremely implausible and complicated explanation available
(esoteric and unknown physics), and a very plausible and simple one
which is known to be true in many similar situations (psychology).
Take your choice.

--
opaqueice