325xi;188052 Wrote:
> Audioengine 5 active speakers have been mentioned many times lately, but
> the contexts were so different it's quite difficult to get more less
> clear picture of how good or bad they are for a person used to
> audiophile quality gear.
>
> If anyone compared, or heard and remembers the impression on how they
> sound comparing to low- or mid- priced audiophile integrated amp with
> *unpowered* bookshelf speakers - please post here.
>
> I don't think it's fair to compare them to WATT/Puppy speakers driven
> by Lamm monoblocks, therefore I'm looking into comparison with up to
> $1000-1500 amp, and the same price range speakers. Yes, I know it's 10
> times more, but the purpose of this thread is to get the overall
> picture of where Audioengine stands relatively to the real stuff.

One thing to keep in mind is that "how good" something sounds is
correlated to how much clean audio power they can emit and the size of
room used for listening.

My mini Warfdale Diamond 8.1 and a T-Amp sound very good in my small
office, but I'm sure they would sound puny in a larger room.

--
P Floding

No, I didn't ABX it. And I won't even if you ask me. (Especially not if
you ask me.)