ErikM;188184 Wrote:
> Wow! So if I hear a difference its not real? You mean I did hear a
> difference, but really I just thought I heard it, so all these years
> when I bought better speakers, and electronics,which I thought sounded
> better I wasn't really hearing better sound I just thought I was? WOW,
> you mean that those first generation CD players which I thought sounded
> like S--T really sounded great. Boy do I feel stupid. I think I'll dump
> my Proac speakers for a Bose Wave radio

With some experience it starts to get easier to know when you can trust
your perception and when not.  If you're actually interested, try a
computer based ABX program (like foobar2000 with the ABXY plugin), and
see whether you can tell 320 kb/s MP3 from lossless, say.  Once you
start to recognize how often you can be wrong, and how easy it is to
fool yourself into thinking you hear a difference when you don't, you
may become a bit better at judging when to trust yourself.

--
opaqueice