325xi;188198 Wrote:
> I thought you might want to make a closer comparison by connecting SB3
> and DAC to AE5 and listen to the same flacs...

I was thinking along the same lines.  Given that you (Moshulu) think
that you "understand the limitations of the MP3 player and format," it
should be clear that you cannot consider your comparison to be a fair
one.  If the Audioengines were so good that they revealed the MP3
limitations, then they would be punished for being so revealing.

If you use the SB3 and FLAC as the source for both, then you may or may
not arrive at the same conclusion.  If you have the time, I would be
curious to know what you experience.  Thanks.

--
jeffmeh