Wilfred;188382 Wrote:
> Most people aren't scientists, and thus usually don't understand what it
> is.  The main goal of science is do build a model of an observed
> phenomenon that can be used to predict its behavior under different
> conditions.  Also, when someone bemoans the ignorance of 'science', it
> is often because they are reading stupidified reports by journalists.
> Burn-in and, another favorite, cryogenics, are real physical phenomena
> abused by the hucksters and their ignorant marks.  For some truly wacky
> nonsense, check out this raving lunatic:
> http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue30/belt.htm.

For more fun one might go directly to the horse's mouth:

http://www.belt.demon.co.uk

Here is a free tip from this site:

"Align the slots in all screw heads so that the slots are parallel to
the earth's surface. ALL screws - screws fastening light switches to
the wall, screws fastening AC power sockets to the wall, screws
fastening shelves to the wall etc. Listen to some music for a short
time and then move any of the screw slots away from being parallel to
the earth's surface and see if you can listen to the same music with
the same pleasure !!"

http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/Free_Techniques/Free_Techniques.html

--
P Floding

No, I didn't ABX it. And I won't even if you ask me. (Especially not if
you ask me.)