Whether you like the Hifi News review or not is irrelevant to the point,
which is, that the measured jitter figures showed a large discrepency
compared to the ones measured by Stereophile. This woul obviously
result in the lower audio quality picked up by the Hif News reviewer
relative to other high end players. I tried to find the official jitter
figures from the Transporter's datasheet, but all I could find is the
following:

"Clock signals in Transporter are handled not as ones and zeroes, but
as precision analog signals. Specialized crystal oscillators, careful
clock management, and linear-regulated logic supplies ensure the lowest
possible jitter throughout the system."

Whether that translates to a good jitter figure or not isn't clear.
Perhaps Slim Devices could tell us what the jitter figures SHOULD be,
and also what the manufacturing variance on that figure should be. A 4
to 1 ratio just doesn't sound right to me. If that is the case then
there are some serious issues with the jitter reuction in the
Transporteer's design.

So, would Slim Devices like to enlighten us please???

--
Jaco