johann;188674 Wrote:
> I never stated that my opinions were scientificaly backed up nor that
> they were valid for all other persons in the world, did I? ;)
> The difference was so obvious that I'm convinced, I could separate a SB
> in from Transporter if performed in my listening room with my amp and
> speakers as well as music I am familiar with. Which is the case with my
> the setup I have now using SB with an external DAC.
> This might just be my mind playing me but the difference is really huge
> so I doubt that.

To be clear, I still believe that good quality DAC's and CD player's
sound different. I believe that the Transporter sounds better than the
Squeezebox. But I'm not sure. I'm just saying that the question is
worth investigating.

The whole hobby is a minefield, filled with charlatans, crooks, honnest
but ignorant people who put forth pseudoscientific theories. You know as
well as me that some people claim that their 100K$ cables sound a lot
better than 60$ Radio Shack cables. "Just listen and be convinced."
Which is complete BS, AFAIK.

> But why don't you try it out for yourself, if you don't think there is a
> difference spend your money elsewhere.

Thanks but no thanks. What I need right now is a decent amp and good
speakers.

>  Let me ask you one thing, can you differ between a black and a white
> car?

:lol: funny guy. I wish that perception was always that simple. Don't
understimate how much our expectations and our preconceptions can
influence what we perceive or not, or what we think we perceived or
not.

--
Nostromo