Pat Farrell;188819 Wrote:
> jgueron wrote:
> > I disagree with Pat  Farrell, when he says "There can be no audio
> > quality improvement in adding  anything to the audio chain"
> >
> > I connected the SB3 to a DAC, the Benchmark DAC1,  and the
> improvement
> > in quality of sound was remarkable!
>
> You are correct. I was a bit sloppy in my wording.
> I also added a Benchmark DAC1 to the output of my SqueezeBox, and it
> was
> wonderful.
>
> But I still say that adding a box, such as a preamp, does not "improve"
>
> the signal.
>
> There are times, when specialized boxes such as room correction
> devices,
> can help change the signal in 'good' ways, but they are not improving
> the signal, just your listening experience.
>

> > Please try it!
>
> I have not tried the Benchmark with my new Transporter.
> I'm happy with the Transporter.
>

> --
> Pat
> http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

A buffer, such as a pre-amp may well improve sound if it presents  a
lower impedance to the next stage (normally a power amp). A "passive
pre" may instead degrade sound by makeing the audio signal dependent on
the input impedance of the next stage.

--
P Floding

No, I didn't ABX it. And I won't even if you ask me. (Especially not if
you ask me.)