Doesn't it create a WAV file in the meantime, and then uses that WAV file as
the input to the flac encoder?

If so, does it then matter which WAV encoder/format/whatever that you
choose, per the question asked by the original poster?

On 3/20/07, adamslim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

mmg_fan;189031 Wrote:
> Yes, thanks
> but my questions had more to do with using EAC as a ripping app.
>
> Is there a DLL that offers FLAC output for EAC?
>
> I'm hoping that when the next version of OSX is released (next month??)
> that itunes will FINALLY support FLAC

Look at it in a bit more detail.  It is easy to configure EAC to output
FLAC files, which is (I think) what you're looking for.  You get EAC to
call FLAC after each rip automatically, and then you end up with a FLAC
file (with tags) not a nasty WAV.  Read the wiki again.

Meanwhile ditching iTunes is the path to happiness :)

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost and Anti-cables
http://www.last.fm/user/AdamSlim/