Last weekend I removed the 11,28 MHz crystal from the SB3 and tried an
external Tentlabs clock (same frequency of couse and a level of 3,3V).
By the way the blue coax is the spdif output, the black one is for
external clock input.

(the next step would be to slave the SB3 to the master clock in my
Monica DAC, but first step was to test whether an external clock would
work well or not..).

And now the bad news, it didn't work  Angry

The time counter (now playing screen of the squeezebox) started running
when connecting the external clock but Monica did not had a "lock".

Then I tried to solder this external clock (only 3 cm of coax) directly
to the SB3 board. Same story...

But... When I accidently touched the ground of the external clock board
that I build it suddenly did work! When I removed my finger again the
DAC stayed locked for a few seconds and then lost lock again.

I now have to find out why this happens. Any ideas?

I must add, that I did NOT remove the 2 caps connected to the crystal
pads. The reason I did not do this was simply that I would render the
SB3 unusable if the external clock wouldn't work. For now I placed back
a 11,28 MHz crystal and the SB3 is playing again.

|Filename: DSC02547.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2596|

tingtong5