325xi;190577 Wrote:
> That's correct, but only for ideal world. In the real world with all the
> politics etc. this position is exactly the reason why our science is so
> antagonistic and counteractive to researches in new directions.

I think you've got this rather backwards...  in an ideal world, when
not frolicking and eating ambrosia we would investigate every
hair-brained idea that came along, because we would have infinite time
and resources available, and no pressure to get tenure or publish our
work.  In reality, there is competition, job pressure, and the desire
to actually get somewhere, all of which conspire to select for those
best able to find fruitful questions to study.

When a new and innovative idea comes along *and is actually correct*,
it immediately gets jumped on by ambitious researchers eager to get as
much out of it as they can before someone else does.  There's
incredible competition.  So while politics undeniably plays some role,
truth wins out very rapidly, especially in fields like audio research
and EE where it's so easy to do experiments and check theories.

--
opaqueice