hirsch;190671 Wrote:
> If you've never heard of a genetic marker, it's fairly safe to say that
> you're not currently in the biological sciences.
>
> <snip>
>
> It is rather naive to hold onto conclusions from old cognitive psych
> studies in the face of new evidence.  Do go back and look at the
> variances in those studies.  Just because placebo effects occur does
> not mean that they occur in everyone.

I know very well what a genetic marker is - what I said was that it
sounds extremely unlikely that the existence of something as
complicated as susceptibility to placebo, which is understood by
psychologists to be a fundamental characteristic of the human thought
process, might be 100% correlated with something as simple as a few
changes in DNA.  If so it would imply that there are two categories of
people, who think in a fundamentally different way.  That sounds vastly
oversimplified, and if that is indeed the conclusion drawn by the
researchers it sounds naive and highly dubious.

But intriguing nonetheless... do you have a reference?

--
opaqueice