darkglobe - thanks very much for your help. Unfortunately the 989/2905
are just too big. I called Gradient in finland and they told me they
don't sell anything for the Qauds anymore. Do yo have any experience /
knowledge of the Velodyne DD-12?

Regarding the FASTness.  I reiterate what i said earlier (which may of
course be wrong!). I think the Quads are "fast" since there is no
stored energy in the box (as there is no real box). Therefore a canon
blast doesn't rumble on as the box (and cone with it) settles down. And
of course Quads are low distortion and high phase linearity since they
driven over the whole area of the mylar, which helps enormously too (as
this creates new harmonics, colour and and i suspect slowness).

--
rbl