Mr_Sukebe;194380 Wrote:
> Most of the AV servers that I've seen details of do appear to almost
> always have some kind of odd drawback or design flaw.  My personal
> preference is a big PC case hidden out of sight, connected via RF to
> the SB.  That allows plenty of HD storage and cheap upgrades.
> Ref Mac kit, I've heard their gear at shows and have come away
> impressed everytime.  The looks are rather marmite (you either love or
> hate them), but their build quality and sound is unquestionably
> awesome.
> What about your Transporter running into a Mac based system?  Wouldn't
> be cheap, but would blow the doors off most systems.

About MacIntosh system
Thanks, I kind of like their design. What speakers are usually
associated with them? I've had B&W before, and love them dearly. Still,
I have never heard them paired to a McIntosh amp. Any ideas?

About AV servers:
I do agree with you on that, but I am still looking for something I can
keep in my living room without it making the noise of a powerplant,
which might in future be used for serving video files aswell. Hence my
interest for the MS300, which sports high quality transport AND
hard-drive (does it have an embedded operating system of sorts? If so
what? Will have to find out...)

Cheers,

Giacomo

--