CatBus;194734 Wrote:
> No need to be respectful, I was wrong.  Just say it ;)  Perhaps it would
> be more accurate to that that if CDs were mastered like DVD-Audio or
> SACDs, they may sound just as good (or at least we'd finally be able to
> prove one way or the other!)
>
> I think that regarding the general theme, however, we're in agreement.
> Someone who prefers vinyl may actually be preferring quality mastering.
> Nothing about vinyl is inherently better.

Well, I would think that one could argue that vinyl is inherently
better in that analog reproduction is not limited to 44,100 samples per
second.  At a high enough sampling rate though, the argument falls
apart, since there must be some sampling rate that is beyond human
auditory perception (even through golden ears).

--
jeffmeh